Can you make crepes without milk and eggs?
You bet! We show you a delicious recipe that allows you to make vegan crepe without any animal products. Because there are good alternatives to eggs, milk and butter.
Our recipe for delicious vegan crepe
For your crepe without milk and without egg, you need :
- a pinch of cream of tartar baking powder
- 200 ml of water
- a pinch of salt
- vegetable oil for frying
In addition, you will need the following kitchen utensils:
- a bowl,
- a whisk
- a shallow frying pan,
- a spatula.
The Vegan Crepe Recipe
- Mix the solid ingredients first, then add the liquid ingredients.
- Mix the spelt flour with the cream of tartar, baking powder and pinch of salt in a large bowl. Then add the almond milk (which you can make yourself, by the way). It replaces the milk. You don’t need to replace the egg. The crepes can be made without the egg.
- Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes, then add the mineral water. The carbonic acid makes the batter nice and light. Then mix it well once more.
- Put them in the pan and the crepe are ready.
Ready to go! Now you have to be quick… It’s time for dinner!
Once the batter has rested long enough, put a pan with oil. Be careful which oil you use to fry the vegan crepe, not all vegetable oils can handle high temperatures.
Sunflower oil is ideal for frying, a few drops of oil are enough.
Fry the crepes in the pan: Once the oil is hot enough, use a large spoon or ladle to pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly. It’s best to gently swirl the pan back and forth.
Professionals toss the crepes in the air and catch it with the pan. More cautious minds use a spatula to do this. Re-brush the pan with a few drops of oil after each pass to prevent the batter from sticking.
Now your crepes are done, you just have to eat them or even better share them! To make them even more appetizing transport them in Lunch Boxes. On our catalog, we offer many models in various styles and sizes.
Did you like our work? If so, don’t hesitate to subscribe to our newsletter to receive all our news and, above all, not miss any recipes!